RiverGirl Activities and Latest News
RiverGirl is pleased to announce “Trade Thursday”!
That’s the special day we offer boats, tubes or bike rentals in exchange for items or services. We celebrate Trade Thursday on the second Thursday of each month.
This RiverGirl trading list follows:
- Gift cards for Boone or West Jefferson restaurants or groceries
- Gas cards for Boone or West Jefferson stations
- Lysol spray, Hand sanitizers
- Cases of water
- Boxes of unused Disposable or Fabric Masks
- Gently used Specialized or Trek bikes
- Various sized Towels
- 3-inch carabiners
- Services: Electrical, plumbing, landscaping, carpentry, construction, technical, veterinary, security camera installations, train restoration, welding, mechanics, painters, roofing, etc.
Or if you have something you think is worthy of trade that’s not listed above…call us and we will negotiate!
New River State Park featuring Kelly McCoy
Learn more about the New River and the New River State Park.
Entrepreneur Spotlight | Kelly McCoy of River Girl Fishing Co.
Listen to Kelly's wisdom on starting your own business!
Rivergirl Fly Fishing Introduction
Come learn the basics of fly fishing with Kelly (River Girl) McCoy and start your next passion today!
Fishing, Paddling and Pot-bellied Pigs
Kelly McCoy fell in love with the New River 20 years ago. She and her partner at the time lived in Florida and began vacationing around the Boone area. Friends took them kayaking on the New River. Each time they returned, Kelly knew it was where she wanted to be. So they moved to the small town of Todd, about 11 miles from Boone. Learn more about Kelly and her passions in the June ’20 article of Carolina Country.